An SCA device can be viewed as a Rohrschach test to learn more about the Scadian who registered it. Let’s see what these devices tell us about their owners, shall we?
Here are 16 actual registered devices of people in Æthelmearc. Please note that this is all intended in good fun, and since most of these belong to people we call friends, we hope it’s taken that way!
1. You like to stick needles in Scotsmen’s kilts. Or sometimes maybe into the Scotsmen.
2. You have a complicated relationship with deer.
3. You have no interest in drawing anything but straight lines.
4. You may have a slight fixation on swords.
5. You played too much Frogger as a kid.
6. You have some pretty bizarre nightmares.
7. You’re a big fan of Dr. Seuss.
8. You are a pool shark.
9. You are practicing to be a hypnotist.
10. You have a little list of people you want to shoot. Nine of them, to be precise.
11. You are obsessed with the musical “Cats.”
12. You like people to think you’re just a sweet, non-threatening girl. Then when they get close enough, you stab them.
13. You are secretly an alien who came here from another planet.
14. You have murder on your mind.
15. You really dig French vampires.
16. We… uh… just… what?
Bonus points if you can identify the owners of these arms!
Happy April Fool’s Day!
It’s all Arianna’s fault.
All images taken from the Æthelmearc Kingdom Roll of Arms, which is maintained by Mistress Alheydis von Körckhingen.