Unto the Kingdom, greetings from Kameshima Silver Buccle! It takes a lot of work to keep a College of Heralds running, and not all of it requires heraldic knowledge! Dame Elsbeth and Master Alaric have served the Æthelmearc College of Heralds as College Exchequer and Deputy College Exchequer for many years, and now it is time for them to retire with our thanks and take some much-deserved rest on their estates. However, the College needs an Exchequer to keep running. That’s where you — yes, YOU — can volunteer to help! Have you been interested in learning the ways of the exchequer, but find the idea of serving in that capacity for your local group too daunting? The College provides an excellent introduction to this job, with minimal paperwork and minimal checks to write. Dame Elsbeth and Master Alaric have thoughtfully provided this description of the duties of the position and the approximate time needed:
- Serve as a member of the financial committee for the College of Heralds.
- Deposit funds for heraldic submissions in a timely manner (1 to 2 deposits / month)
- Write reimbursement checks for allowable College of Heralds expenses in a timely manner (1 to 2 checks / month).
- Complete four financial reports a year, three electronic, one paper (2 to 3 hours a quarter).
- Be a signatory on the College of Heralds bank account.
If you are interested in this position, or even just in hearing more about the position and what it requires, please contact me via email.
In Honor and Service,