So, you’re going to Pennsic this year and want to fight or fence? Make sure your paperwork is in order before you leave by following these tips:
- 1. Your Primary Authorization must be complete and dated on or before July 15, 2015. A primary authorization is your first authorization in any marshal discipline. Any authorization paperwork for a primary form dated after July 15, 2015 will not be mailed out until Wednesday of War Week to help keep Æthelmearc in compliance with Pennsic rules.
- All authorization forms are turned into the Kingdom Authorizations Clerk by July 18, any forms in hand that day will be mailed out on Tuesday, July 20, 2015.
- The Authorizations Clerk’s new address is THLady Ursula of Rouen, c/o Ms. Danielle M. Duvall, PO Box 661, Shepherdstown, WV 25443. A self-addressed, stamped envelope is never required, but always appreciated.
- Please check your card now to see if it has expired or will expire prior to August 10, 2015 and please complete the paperwork for a renewal now. No need to wait until the card is close to expiration.
- Keep a copy of your paperwork in a safe place; whether it is a brand new authorization, an additional form, or a renewal, plan to have that paperwork on your person for use at Pennsic in case your card does not make it to you before you leave for vacation.
- It’s a good idea to make a copy of your authorization card/paperwork, and photo ID, put in a Ziploc baggie and tape to the back of your shield, or keep in your armor bag. You’ll need these along with your medallion to get inspected at Pennsic.
- If you need to reach THLady Ursula regarding your Authorization Card, or if you have any questions her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call before 10pm at 540-287-1748. Please do not send Facebook messages as those get lost in the shuffle.
All current authorization forms can always be found on the Kingdom Authorizations Clerk website.
Rules regarding authorizations and Pennsic can be found on the Pennsic website.