As the Fall comes upon us and we prepare for the onset of Winter, Æthelmearc will be choosing her new Arts & Sciences Champion in October. The Kingdom A&S Champions event will be held in the Shire of Angelskeep on October 31st. The event announcement appears in this month’s ÆSTEL and can be found on-line here.
We hope that this grand competition will draw many entrants. It will feature face-to-face judging, in which each entrant will be visited by a small team of judges who will engage the entrant in conversation. Because of this, all entrants MUST be present at the event. No proxy entries will be allowed. We also strongly suggest that entrants complete the short and easy registration form prior to the event.
We will need judges for the competition and we are urgently requesting that any companions of the Fleur and the Laurel who do not choose to enter the competition join us as judges. You will get to meet several excellent artisans and discuss their entries with them at some length. It is a great way to teach AND learn.
The rules for the entrants are as follows:
1. All entrants must be present. No proxy entries.
2. Entrants may enter up to three pieces, all in the same category.
3. Entries may be completed items or items in progress.
4. Because the site is dry, no alcoholic beverages may be entered. However, brewers may enter a work in progress, so long as it does not include alcohol (no fermentation).
5. “Performance” entries may be recorded in advance. Decisions of whether or not to allow this will be made on a case-by-case basis.
6. Entrants are strongly encouraged to pre-register their entries. Registration forms will be available on Facebook, Google+, the Kingdom A&S website, and the Kingdom e-mail list.
7.The populace will be offered the opportunity to vote on their favorite entry.
8. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
a. Research and Project Planning
b. Historical Accuracy
c. Quality of Workmanship
We sincerely invite the people of Æthelmearc and her neighbors to attend this excellent event!
In service to Æthelmearc and the Arts & Sciences,
Fridrikr & Orianna, Kingdom MoAS