It is my great pleasure to inform you that the schedule for Saturday’s AEthelmearc AEcademy and War College is now available here.
Are you interested in classes on clothing and accessories?
• 16th-Century Coif Make-and-Take
• From Seeing to Sewing: Intro to Pattern Making
• German Renaissance Accessories
• Heavy Metal Embroidery: Finnish Style! (Part 1: lecture; Part 2: hands-on)
• To Be Well Red
How about fiber arts?
• Beginning Netting
• Beginning Stick Weaving
• Brocaded Tablet Weaving
• Making Felt Balls
• Silk Banner Making
What about food and cooking?
• Beginning Butter Makin
• Cooking on a Fire for Beginners
• Finished Brewing? NO, Bread! A Use for Spent Grain
• Food and Drink in Early Medieval Ireland
• What is a Perfectly Period Feast?
Maybe you prefer hands-on/how-to classes?
• Beginning Lampwork Bead Making
• Cabochons – How Are They Made?
• Introduction to Armouring
• Musical Manuscript using Period Tools, Methods and Materials
• Of Charcoal and Lye
• Printmaking Made Easy (For all ages)
Is history your thing?
• Constructing Commedia dell Arte Scenarios
• Marguerite Makes a Book- An Interactive Story
• Poisons and their Historical Uses
• Poisons/Medicines/Useful Plants in the Field
• “Segja Hvaða?!” Insults in Old Norse-Icelandic Literature
• Viking Art:Is it a Borre?
• Wars of the Roses, a primer
• Write Like A Viking
Are you musically inclined?
• The Ubiquitous Recorder
• Moving Beyond Recorders – Crumhorn, Cornamuse and Kortholt
Looking for ways to up your SCA game?
• Documentation: Form and Function
• Documenting Homebrew: What Digby never told you
• Finding an SCA name
• Judging an SCA Brewing Competition
• On Being a Signet
• Researching for a project and how to proceed
• Too Terrified to Teach? Riddikulus!
And don’t forget there is a host of WAR COLLEGE and GOLDEN CHAIN classes, too!
• Combat Archery: Introduction to Combat Archery
• Fencing: Une Pratique Sur les Angles – A Practice in Angles for Single Sword or Sword and Dagger
• Youth Combat: Becoming a Youth Combat Marshal
GOLDEN CHAIN CLASSES
• Basic Sword and Heater
• The Basics of Melee
• Beyond the Basic Shots
• Controlling the Fight
• Early period kits, and how to get them to look more SCA
• Footwork: More than Just Moving Your Feet
• How’s it Hanging, Your body and how your armour fits
• Impromptu combat and/or philosophy class
• The Left-handed Fighter
• Mentality: Path to overcoming doubt
• Two-hand sword fighting, incorporating a more medieval style to the weapon form
Event details can be found at here.
After you’ve had a chance to check out the amazing array of classes, remember to tell all your Facebook friends that you’ll be there on the event page!
Looking forward to seeing YOU there!