We started the Æthelmearc Gazette just over a year ago – and a great one it’s been! Here is a statistical New Year’s countdown:
10. The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. The Gazette was viewed about 110,000 times in 2015. If the Gazette were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 5 days for that many people to see it. Yes, folks, we are getting an average of 301 page views a day!
9. The busiest day of the year was January 26th with 3,606 views. The most popular post that day was An Announcement from Their Majesties of Æthelmearc on the Additional Peerage.
8. We posted 414 times in 2015 – we have a busy group of editors!
7. Aside from the two top postings, which were from Duke Timothy, the 9 next most popular posts were:
What it Takes to Rule a Kingdom
Writ Given for first Æthelmearc Master of Defense
Omnibus Peerage Proposal Submitted to SCA Board of Directors
On the Peerage
What Does Your Heraldry Actually Say About You?
Order for Your Kingdom
The Making of an SCA Award Scroll
On Being a Knight
The SCA and Recruiting in the World of Live Action Role Playing Games
5. Our audience came from 117 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & Australia were not far behind. We also had hits from Poland, Turkey, Iceland, Tanzania, Qatar, and Fiji.
4. Our top referrers are Facebook, Search Engines, G+, the East Kingdom Gazette, and scatoday.net.
3. Our most prolific author is Mistress Arianna – responsible for 5 of our top 10 blog postings, along with numerous others. Vivat Arianna!
2. Our top viewed category is Arts & Sciences.
1. We are looking forward to another great year ahead and wish you and yours all the best for the New Year! Thanks for making us the most seen news source in Æthelmearc. And don’t forget, submit early, submit often!