Their Majesties have asked the Gazette to share the following with the populace:
- Unto the entire Kingdom do Byron and Ariella, Rex et Regina, send our Thanks. So, so many of you came out to help us set up the Kingdom camp today. And a few of you spent your entire day with Us, making sure that everything got done. We have participated in Royal setup for many years, but so many people came today that We were done by 3pm. Our thanks go to Master Janos and Mistress Mahin especially for their guidance today.
- We shall be Sitting in State in AE Royal encampment on Saturday, August 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Mistress Filipia Capriotti, head gardener, shared the following:
We are in need of volunteers to cut trellis Tuesday (tomorrow). We will start bright and early. Please bring any plant contributions to the front gate of AEthelmearc Royal.
THL Elss of Augsburg and Master Alaric MacConnal, Co-Head Retainers for Their Majesties, shared the following:
Their Royal Majesties, King Byron and Queen Ariella, are asking for volunteers to retain and guard for Them while they perform Their duties at Pennsic.
- As a retainer, your job is to be a personal assistant: You will walk with Them, carry things, offer water, make notes, organize Their belongings on the field, mind the clock, and do whatever tasks are required. If you hear anything being discussed, you will never repeat or remember it.
- As a guard, you will carry a weapon, which you will use to protect Your Queen from any and all harm.
- Here is a spreadsheet that shows when the retainers / guards are needed and what activity is occurring at the time. Please feel free to select a time or activity and sign up. Or stop by Æthelmearc Royal and review the schedule book to choose just the right time for you. Never retained before? No worries, we can tell you everything you need to know.
- If you are new to the SCA or Æthelmearc , being a retainer or a guard is an
easy way to see lots of Pennsic!