Duchess Ilish O’Donovan and Dame Hrefna Ulfvarinnsdottir send fond greetings!
Their Majesties, Timothy and Gabrielle, have once again charged us to create a wonderful party for the kingdom’s families and children, which is scheduled on Sunday, August 6 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in AE Royal. It is Their Majesties wish to have games, face painting, crafts, prizes, treats, and snacks for all who attend.
As organizers, we are reaching out to you for support to help make the Æthelmearc Family/Children’s Party a wonderful and great time for all!
With that, we are looking for donations toward the party to help support and defray the cost so all who attend may enjoy themselves. We are planning for 75 children. Below are some of the items we are currently looking for and hope some of you will be willing to donate:
- Prizes for the games (ideas are necklaces, containers of bubbles, little things you might get at a carnival game or fair) – The Dollar Tree is a good brick and mortar source for inexpensive items. Oriental Trading Company is a good online source.
- Donations of snacks (gummy treats, cookies, pretzels, chips, etc….)
- Setting up a game or craft sponsored by you or your group.
- Items for a prize table – suggestions include books, notebooks, small toys, small stuffed animals, period games, etc.
- Volunteers to help run games, crafts, and entertainment for the children and their families.
These are just a few ways that you and your group can help. If you have any questions or are willing to donate or volunteer to help make this year’s Family party a huge success, please contact us. We thank you, and I know Their Majesties thank you as well.
More information and updates are available on Facebook.
Duchess Ilish and Dame Hrefna