As the wheel of the year turns, I’m sure you are all working diligently on events for this upcoming event season. As your bids are approved and you submit your events to have posted on the Kingdom calendar and in the Æstel, please remember to fulfill all of the requirements of Kingdom Policy regarding calendar submissions.
All event listings must have the following information in the text of the listing (not just listed in the form):
- Date(s) of Event
- Time of Event (including when site opens and closes)
- Name of the Sponsoring Group (If the Group is incipient, the sponsoring group must also be listed.)
- Name, Street Address, City, State, and Zip Code of the Event Site (If there is no street number, please state this clearly.)
- Name (Both Society and Real), Address, and Phone Number of the Autocrat
- If there is a separate reservations clerk, please include their Name (Society and Real), Address, and Phone Number as well.
- The costs of the event, or the clear statement that the event is free.
- The statement “Make Checks Payable to SCA (state), Inc. – (Group Name)“
Regarding event cost verbiage, please use “Adult Event Registration,” “Adult Member Discount Event Registration,” etc.
Please DO NOT use the words “fee,” “cost,” etc. ANYWHERE in your event description, even in reference to feast reservations, merchanting spaces, etc.
Please verify with the site owners that your site is ADA compliant before listing your site as ADA compliant. I will be contacting you directly for proof of ADA compliance, so don’t let that hold up your event submission or update!
If you do not include all of these policy requirements, your event listing cannot be posted to the Kingdom Calendar. A placeholder will be posted in its place, but this only contains the Event Name, Hosting Group, and proposed dates, and will not get posted to the Æstel.
Please be sure to review your listings carefully before submitting, and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at email@example.com.
Yours In Service,
Lord Rhys Penbras ap Dafydd
Kingdom Events Coordinator