Come on, come all to the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael as it hosts a celebration of the artisans of Æthelmearc at the Kingdom A&S Faire and Queen’s Prize Tournament. The event will be held on Saturday, June 23, 2018 at the Wrights Corner Fire Hall, 4043 Lake Ave, Lockport, NY 14094.
The site opens at 8:30 a.m. and anyone on site after 7:30 p.m. will be conscripted into the clean-up crew.
Along with the Arts & Sciences Faire, there will be space for both fencing and heavy weapons activities. Because this is first and foremost an A&S event, any gentle wishing to put on armor of any kind and participate in martial activities is required to put a piece of art or science that they have made on display. This does not enter them into the Faire but does encourage participation in the Arts and Sciences.
The site reservation for this event is:
- Adults: $15 (paid members receive a $5 discount)
- Ages 6-17: $5
- Ages 5 and under: free
Reservations can be sent to Lady Edith of Winterton (Caroline Elliot), 38 East Chateau Terrace, Amherst, NY 14226. Checks should be made out to SCA Inc. NY, Barony of the Rhydderich Hael.
The autocrat for the event is Baroness Ekatertina Volkova (Tina Telesco), phone 716-907-0946 (no calls after 8pm and please leave a message).
Questions about the actual Faire should be directed to THL Renata, Kingdom A&S Minister.
The all-day sideboard at this year’s Faire will be a “Silk Road Respite,” featuring a variety of foods encountered along the Silk Road from the surrounding cultures:
- Flatbread – exact ingredients TBD
- Torshi-e Sir (Pickled Garlic) – Garlic, Vinegar, Salt
- Mukhallal Lifit (Pickled Root Vegetables) – Turnips, Beets, Vinegar, Salt
- Torshi-e Miveh (Pickled Fruits) – Apricots, Ginger, Sugar, Prunes, Raisins, Apples, Persimmons, Vinegar, Saffron, Cinnamon, Nigella Seeds, Cardamom, Salt
- Coconut & Date Chutney – Coconut, Cilantro, Dates, Lemon, Lime, Tamarind Paste, Garlic, Salt
- Ginger and Peach Chutney – Onion, Ginger, Peach, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, Golden Raisins
- Mast-o Musir (Yogurt with Shallot) – Shallot, Yogurt, Salt, Black Pepper
- Baba Ghannooj bi-Dibs al-Rimman (Baba Ghanouj with Pomegrante Molasses) – Eggplant, Salt, Canola Oil, Garlic, Pomegranate Molasses, Black Pepper, Olive Oil
- Salatet Jazar (Carrot Salad) – Carrot, Salt, Cumin, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic, Black Pepper, Sugar
- Salatet Malfoof (Cabbage Salad) – Cabbage, Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic, Cumin, Paprika, Salt
- Hummus – Chickpea, Tahini, Lemon Juice, Salt, Olive Oil, Garlic
- Pickled Mushrooms – Mushroom, Thyme, Shallot, Allspice, Peppercorn, Bay, Salt, Vinegar
- Kabab Karaz (Meatballs in Sour Cherry Sauce) – Beef, Pork, Turkey, Black Pepper, Black Pepper, Cumin, Paprika, Coriander, Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Salt, Olive Oil, Sour Cherries, Sugar, Pine Nuts, Parsley
- Dajaj bi-Zeitoon (Chicken and Olives) – Olive Oil, Chicken, Onion, Flour, Cinnamon, Allspice, Black Pepper, Garlic, Green Olives, Salt, Lemon Juice, Cardmom, Bay, Carrot, Parsley
- Mjaddaret Burghol (Lentils w. Bulgar & Onion) – Onion, Salt, Lentil, Olive Oil, Bulgar, Black Pepper, Mint
- Shirin Polo (Jeweled Rice) – Rice, Salt, Orange, Sugar, Sour Cherries, Cranberries, Sunflower Oil, Saffron, Almond
- Plain Rice – Rice, Olive Oil
- Torta di Datteri (Date Cake) – Date, Sugar, Almond, Egg, Canola Oil, Rice Flour
- Sesame & Walnut Cake – Tahini, Brown Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Orange, Egg, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, Salt, Walnut, Raisin, Sesame Seed
- Baqlawa Franjiyeh (Western-Style Baklava) – Butter, Milk, Semolina, Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Powdered Sugar
- Semolina & Orange Blossom Cake – Semolina, Almond, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Butter, Tahini, Vanilla, Sugar, Orange, Yogurt, Orange Blossom Water, Sugar
- Sharab al-Burtuqal (Orange Drink) – Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Sugar
- Iced Green Mint Tea – Green Tea, Honey, Mint, Lemongrass
**Menu & Ingredients List subject to Change, Final Ingredient List will be Posted On Site**
Please contact Rhys Penbras ap Dafydd by June 8th if you have any dietary restrictions or questions.
Pingback: Kingdom A&S Faire This Weekend in the Rhydderich Hael | The Æthelmearc Gazette