From Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba, Kingdom Authorizations Clerk:
At Kingdom 12th Night 2020, my term as Authorization Clerk will come to an end and while I have enjoyed serving our Kingdom I shall not seek a second term.
That being said, I am putting out a call for Letters of Intent for the position. The Kingdom Earl Marshal has asked that all Letters of Intent are to be received by December 1, 2019.
If you are interested please send your letter to the following:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba
Æthelmearc Authorization Clerk
DUTIES OF THE AUTHORIZATION CLERK:
- Create all Æthelmearc authorization cards.
- Maintain the electronic and paper files of authorizations.
- Ensure that the kingdom MOL has access to the electronic database as needed.
- The authorizations clerk must report to the Earl Marshal at regular intervals (check Earl Marshal reporting schedule) with copies being forwarded to the Kingdom Marshal of Fence, Chancellor of the Youth and others if requested. This report should include the following: total number of current adult, minor with adult, and youth authorizations in the kingdom, number of authorized rattan, number of authorized rapier, number of authorized equestrian, number of authorized youth, any other information upon request.
AUTHORIZATIONS CLERK REQUIREMENTS:
To effectively execute the position, a candidate will need the following:
- A computer, either PC or Mac. The machine should be fairly recent and of sufficient power to handle the processing of the database.
- Appropriate software to manipulate the database as needed.
- A color printer for laminated cards.
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week to process paperwork and handle requests and questions.
- Internet and e-mail access.