Baroness Amalie, the Kingdom Webminister, has announced this year’s Æthelmearc nominees for the William Blackfox Web awards. This is a Society-wide award with nominees chosen by the Kingdom officer and winners chosen by the Society Webminister.
Greetings unto Æthelmearc!
This past month the Knowne World Webministers were asked to submit our nominations for the William Blackfox Web Awards. Here is the list of the nominees from Æthelmearc:
Best Overall Website – not necessarily the best-looking website, but rather the website which best meets the needs of the local group or SCA Event for which it is published. It should accurately reflect the status of the group/event and be a valuable tool for growth and promotion of the SCA goals and ideals. This title is awarded to the website and the Webminister.
- Winner: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands, Kameshima Zentarou Umakai Webminister
- Honorable Mention: Barony of Rhyderrich Hael, Lady Artemisia da Manarola, Webminister
Best Appearance– for the best looking website in balance and style. Awarded to the website and the Webminister.
- Winner: Shire of Heronter, Kawamura no Ryôtarô Yoshichi, Webminister
- Honorable Mention: Barony of Blackstone Mountain, Master Alaxandair O’Conchobhair, Webminister
Best Organization– for the most easily navigated website in balance and style. Awarded to the website and the Webminister.
- Winner: Shire of Coppertree, Aerin (Euron) Wen Pengrek, Webminister
- Honorable Mention: Barony of Delftwood, Lord Sabastian Mora, Webminister
- Honorable Mention: Shire of Misty Highlands, Lady Isabetta Simona da Murano, Webminister
Best Use of Technology– for the site that utilizes advanced technology to provide value added services to its populace. Awarded to the website and the Webminister.
- Winner: AEthelmearc AEcademy, Lord Amano Zenjirou Nakatsune, Webminister
- Honorable Mention: Webminister Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands, Kameshima Zentarou Umakai Webminister
Best Artwork– for custom artwork on the main page of the website. Awarded to the website and the artist.
- Winner: Shire of Nithgaard, Graphic by Lady Avitoria Vidua
Best Special Interest Website– this category recognizes guild websites, research websites, and Arts & Science focus websites (such as lace-making). Awarded to the website and the Webminister.
- Winner: Brewers’ Guild – Master Madoc Arundel, Webminister
- Honorary Mention: Moneyers’ Guild – Baroness Amalie Reinhardt, Webminister (PLEASE NOTE: I have asked that I do not receive recognition as Webminister for this; however, the gentles who create the content for this page should be commended.)
Best Regular Feature– for those cartoons, articles, columns, etc. which are updated regularly on the particular website. Awarded to the creator or feature writer and the website.
- Winner: Æthelmearc Gazette – “Populace in Focus”, Baron Magnus de Lyons, editor
Best Content– recognizes excellence in content appearing on a local website. Awarded to the Webminister and the website.
- Winner: Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais, Master Gille MacDhonuill, Webminister
Good luck to all the nominees!