Ever wanted to run an online event, meeting or activity, but just didn’t know how? Then join Æthelmearc’s ÆLeads team* at their first monthly Online Resources Schola session: Virtual Events & Activities How-to! Teachers and panelists from Æthelmearc and across the Known World will show you everything from background technical logistics to how to run parties at an online war.
This Schola will be held online via Zoom, on Saturday, August 29th. Join the Facebook Event, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom login information.
Schedule (Eastern Time):
10am – Zoom Hosting & Walk-through
11am – Roundtable: Regular Virtual Meetings
12pm – A Logistical Template for a Virtual Event
1pm – Thinking Outside the Box for a Virtual Event
2pm – The Social Side of Virtual Events
3pm – Ask the Experts – An Informal Panel Discussion/Q&A with Virtual Event Stewards From Across the Known World
*Zoom Hosting & Walk-through* (10am EST, Baroness Amalie Reinhardt) – You’ve been asked to Host (be a Zoomerator) for a Zoom class/meeting. How do you start the meeting? How do people join? How do people share screen? What other controls are available to you in the room? Join our session and find out the answers to these questions, and more, from Baroness Amalie.
*Roundtable: Regular Virtual Meetings* (11am EST, Baron Padraig O’Branduibh) – All those who have or are interested in running regular weekly/monthly/other meetings for their SCA activity are encouraged to participate and share experiences, ideas, and best practices.
*A Logistical Template For a Virtual Event* (12pm EST, Baroness Elena de la Palma) – The event steward for Æthelmearc Æcademy shares her template for ensuring a smooth virtual event – what staff you need, what setup and prep work is required, some pitfalls and cautionary tales…and most importantly how to make sure everyone has fun!
*Thinking Outside the Box in the Digital Space* (1pm EST, Baroness Nuzha bint Saleem) – Tips and tricks (and pitfalls) about virtual events and meetings.
*Success in the Social Side of Virtual Events* (2pm EST, Sir Tiberius Finn) – The Event Steward of Caid’s Potrero War discusses his experience running Virtual Potrero (the Known World’s first virtual war), including how to get people engaged and socializing with each other outside of formal event activities.
*Ask the Experts Panel Discussion* (3pm EST) – An informal panel discussion/Q&A with Virtual Event Stewards from across the Knowne World. Bring your questions and topics! Panelists include:
- Dame Adriana le Bretonne – Chancellor of the University of Atlantia
- Baroness Elena de la Palma – Chancellor of AEthelmearc AEcademy
- Lady Marion le Red – Atlantia’s KMoAS, and staff for Pennsic in Your Backyard
- Lady Shahzada Isfahani – Lead Admin for Virtual Pennsic (Unofficial)
- Baroness Sigríðr Úlfsdóttir de Lacy (aka Sigrid) – Event Steward for Atenveldt’s A&S Collegium and their Martial Collegium
- Sir Tiberius Finn – Event Steward for Caid’s Potrero War
See you there!
Interested in a Facebook community of online event stewards? Check out the SCA’s newest Facebook group: SCA Virtual Event Steward Watering Hole: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624791724836583/
* ÆLeads is a group of folks dedicated to fostering the service community and increasing confidence and leadership skills of any Æthelmearcer interested. They’re putting together monthly schola sessions aimed at helping the Kingdom navigate our new online SCA reality. Learn more and join the team at http://aeleads.aethelmearc.org/