As the term of our Our office will conclude in April 2021, we are seeking letters!
It is time to call for Letters of Intent from the Sylvan Signets office. This position requires a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills both in writing and in person, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under stressful circumstances. It also requires familiarity with platforms such as google docs, spreadsheets, both in google and Excel, as well as being available via phone, text, IM and email on a daily basis. This position needs an average of 20 hours a week, sometimes more for upcoming events such as Pennsic, War Practice and 12th Nights. This position does involve significant travel, as the Signet’s presence is important at Royal progress events, ideally 2 or more Royal Progress events per month.
To this end, we wish to offer an outline of some of the work that is done by the Signet’s office:
- Coordinate the assigning of scrolls- including, but not limited to coordinating illuminators, wordsmiths and calligraphers and the transition of the scroll to its final destination.
- Keep detailed records of assignments, both current and backlogs.
- Providing physical and digital copies of the docket to Their Majesties, their Jewel Herald, substitute Heralds and the Silver Buccle Herald.
- Assign, coordinate and monitor assignments provided to deputies. Deputy roles include: Drop-dead, Education, Backlog, Regional, Website, Fundraising, Special projects and the Scribal Retreat.
- Teach and mentor scribes through personal contact, retreats, classes, contests, and community building.
- Function as a presence and as an administrator for the Scribal Facebook page as well as provide content for the Signet’s web page
- Curia reports/attendance
- Ordering vellum for each reign and assigning the County and Ducal scrolls
- Organize and attend the Scribal Tea at Pennsic
- Administer the scribal track at Pennsic through the Education Deputy
The specific policies of the Signet’s Office can be found at http://signet.aethelmearc.org/policies-2/policies/.
If you have any questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at AEsignet@gmail.com or through IM. If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest detailing your current involvement in the scribal community and plans of action to further enrich the scribal community through your 2 year term of office. Deadline for letters is December 1, 2020. Letters of intent and resume are to be submitted to the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Co-Signets of Æthelmearc
Mistress Antoinette de la Croix OL OP
THL Shirin of Susa