The Barony of Delftwood, hosted by our Canton of Dunloch, will once again be holding an archery and thrown weapons event on Labor Day weekend, at 393 Fort Leazier Road, Mexico NY, 13114.
Event site opens at 5pm Friday September 1, 2023, and the event will close on Sunday, September 3, at 6 pm, to all except residents and staff.
The Event Steward is (Auld)Reinaldr Bjortappr, MKA: John H. Coombs. 205 Bennett St. East Syracuse, NY, 13057. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 4-lane archery range, and 4-lane Thrown weapons range will be open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday, with a break for lunch around 11:00 am.
- Delftwood Baronial Archery Championship will commence following lunch, roughly 12:00 pm.
- Delftwood Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship will commence at roughly 2:00 pm
The site will be limited to a total of 120 participants for each day (Saturday and Sunday).
Registration fees are as follows, please make sure reservations are received by Monday, August 28:
- Adult Day Fee – $15.00 per day (SCA Members $10.00 per day)
- Camping Fee $5.00 per person whether you are staying 1 or 2 nights
- Youth Day Fee (Ages 6-14) $5.00 per day, member or not.
- Camping Fee $5.00 per youth whether you are staying 1 or 2 nights.
- Family Cap $50.00 for Day Fees and Camping for one or both nights.
- Children 0-5 No fees charges for site fees or camping.
Bagged Lunch both days will be available for $5.00. Our Lunch Steward will be Lady Megra Borden, MKA Meghen R. Adam. Bagged lunches will be available both Saturday and Sunday. If you intend to get a lunch, and need to inform the Lunch Steward of an allergy, please contact the event steward, and I will forward that information to her.
Campable space is limited, please contact the Event Steward regarding tent types & sizes, and any location requirements. Please keep in mind, this site is a private residence, and not as well equipped for vehicles to drive right up to campsites. Site owners will be on hand to direct vehicles that absolutely need to drive back. If you can carry/wagon your equipment in, please arrange to do so. Please make sure reservations are received by Monday, August 28.
Merchants are welcome at no additional charge. Please contact the event steward, Reinaldr Bjortappr, regarding merchanting, Please include tent/table footprints.
Additional notes on Wheelchair Accessibility: Site is a rustic outdoor site; the land is fairly flat and wheelchair accessible. There will be a handicapped accessible bathroom (porta-potty) on site for the event. Please contact the event steward for any questions or if any accommodations are needed.
Additional Notes on Alcohol Policy: This site is wet, please account for personal waste removal as bulk removal services will not be available. There is no on site bar or alcohol sales. As this is a private residence, the owners graciously ask that all festivities and alcohol consumption remain within moderation.
Additional Notes on Pet Policy: Leashed well behaved pets are welcome.
Additional Notes on Flames: Campfires will be limited to 2-3 designated places in the woods or yard. Last year we lit the big pit saturday night, and had a bardic circle run long into the night.
Please make checks payable to SCA-NY Barony of Delftwood and mail to SCA NY – Barony of Delftwood, PO Box 6694, Syracuse NY 13217.