Academy, Army muster, Æcademy, Dance, Stormsport, War College
For this session, we promised classes that are icky, sticky, smelly, noisy, and messy. And boy, will we deliver!
This event combines 3 events: Stormsport’s Annual Army Muster, Their Majesties’ Equestrian Championship Tournament, and the Æthelmearc Æcademy and War College. It is sure to offer something for everyone!
In addition to the heavy fighting, archery, fencing, thrown weapons, youth combat, and equestrian activities, there will be classes a-plenty!
Not even Pennsic can boast such a wide variety as we will provide: hands-on classes, history classes, music and dance classes, martial and equestrian classes …. Who could ask for more?
Check out the class descriptions here.
Then mark your calendar for Saturday, July 4th, and we’ll see you at the Albion Borough Park /Fairgrounds in Albion, PA! For additional event details, please visit the event’s website.
- Atlatl Practicum ( THL Anlaith ingen Trena )
- Basics of the Japanese Sword ( Lord Alessandro Devereaux )
- German Sword and Buckler ( Mistress Fredeburg von Katzenellenbogen )
- Meisterhau in Practical Use ( Don Donnan MacDubhsidhe )
- Morning Heavy Instruction Muster ( Baron Liam MacantSaoir )
- Rapier Combat Body Mechanics ( Master Diego Miguel Munoz de Castilla )
- Fashion Parade — A Trip through the History of Horse Barding ( Lady Maeve Ni Siurtain)
- Groundcrewing at Equestrian Events ( Lady Aaliz de Gant )
- Heraldry for Horses ( THL Meadhbh Inghean Ui Bhaoighill )
- Riding to the Obstacle — A Practical Training Session for Equestrian Activities. ( Mistress Shishido Tora, called Gozen )
- Beginning Pewter – Cold and Hot Pewter Look the Same (Lady Edana the Red)
- Chests, Boxes, Straps and Locks ( Baron Langdon of Greymorne )
- Inlaid Floor Tiles ( Lord Ian Campbell of Glen Mor )
- Introduction to Green Woodworking ( Master Gille MacDhnouill )
- Paternosters, Rosaries and Payres of Beades ( Mistress Aidan ni Leir )
- Roman Food and Dining: A Roman Picnic ( Lady Ottilige von Rappoltsweiler )
- Teaching in the SCA ( Mistress Alicia Langland )
- Viking Age Women’s Beads ( Mistress Aidan ni Leir )
- Everybody Dies ( THL Beatrice de Winter )
- Hangmen, Headsmen, and Other Fun Ways to Die ( THL Beatrice de Winter )
- How to Look Like You Have Stepped Out of a Renaissance Painting (Baroness Oddkatla Jonsdottir )
- Islamic Science ( Master Gille MacDhnouill )
- Period Card Games: Losing Loadem ( Lady Margaret of Enniscorthy )
Music & Dance
- European Dance in the 15th and 16th Centuries — An Introduction ( THL sionn, the lost )
- European Dance in the 15th and 16th Centuries — Intermediate Dances ( THL sionn, the lost )
- Hammered Dulcimer ( Lady Brigette de Sainte Mere-Eglise )
- Loud Band – Shawm and Rauschpiefe ( Master Remus Fletcher )
- Pennsic Choir Sneak Peek ( Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope )
- The Cornett and the Serpent: Renaissance Brass? ( Master Remus Fletcher )
- Baby Steps for Beginner Illumination ( Lady Edana the Red )
- Developing a Flourished Hand by Bocskay ( THL Kieran MacRae )
- Fixing Mistakes on Scrolls ( Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope )
- Painting White Flowers ( Mistress Antoinette de la Croix )
- Scribal Arts: Shading/Drapery ( Mistress Antoinette de la Croix )