Greeting unto the Sylvan Kingdom of Æthelmearc:
It is time to call for Letters of Intent from the Sylvan Signet’s office. This position requires a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills both in writing and in person, interpersonal skills, and flexibility. It also requires familiarity with platforms such as Google Docs, both in Google Sheets and Excel spreadsheets, as well as being available via email and other preferred platforms on a regular basis. This position needs an average of 10 to 20 hours a week depending on the reign (summer vs. winter).
To this end, we wish to offer an outline of some of the work that is done by the Signet’s office:
- Coordinate the assigning of scrolls: including, but not limited to coordinating illuminators, wordsmiths, and calligraphers, and the transition of the scroll to its final destination.
- Keep detailed records of assignments, both current and backlogs.
- Providing physical and digital copies of the docket to Their Majesties, their Jewel Herald, substitute Heralds, and the Silver Buccle Herald.
- Assign, coordinate, and monitor assignments provided to deputies. Deputy roles can include: drop-dead, education, backlogs, regional, website, special projects, the scribal retreat, and fundraising.
- Promote and foster the scribal community
- Curia reports
- Ordering vellum for each reign and assigning the County and Ducal scrolls
The specific policies of the Signet’s Office can be found here, which includes many of the above mentioned items, as well as a few other guidelines for those that are interested.
If you have any questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Signet _at_aethelmearc.org or through IM. If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to king_at_aethelmearc.org, queen_at_aethelmearc.org and seneschal_at_aethelmearc.org.
Deadline for letters is June 31, 2021.