In the fourth bout, fought with great swords, Duke Byron was the winner. The fifth bout will determine who is crowned as Prince.
Apologies for the previous error, Duke Byron and Sir Murdoch each won one of the first two rounds.
The third bout of Crown, which featured a canopy blown over by the suddenly fierce rain and wind, was fought with polearms. The winner was Sir Murdoch.
The Crown list has progressed quickly, and is down to the final four:
Photo courtesy of Mistress Juliana Rosalia Dolce di Siena
I am pleased to announce the combatants for the Crown Tournament to determine the Heirs to Gareth and Juliana IV to be held October 14 in the Barony of Blackstone Mountain.
- Magnifico Elena d’Artois for Duke Malcolm MacEoghainn
- Duke Thomas Byron of Haverford for Duchess Ariella of Thornbury
- Duke Andreas Morgan for Duchess Kallista Morganova
- Jarl Arnthor Inn Sterki for Jarlkona Ceirech Na Hinsi
- Sir Maghnus de Cnoc an Iora for Brehyres Gwendolyn the Graceful
- Sir Murdoch Bane for Mistress Rioghnach ni Rose
- Sir Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono for Lady Katherine Sinclaire
- Boyarin Zvonimir Zavodchikov for Boyarynya Zaritsa Zavodchikovna
- Hersir Marek Viacheldrago for Baroness Sybilla Julianna Detwyller
- Master Jussie Laplein for Baroness Vika Vyborgskaia
- The Honorable Bjarki Rikarðarson for Mistress Gabrielle de Winter
- Sir Thorsol Solinauga for Sir Beatrix Krieger
- Sir Rhys of Myles Ende for Mistress Astridr Vigaskegg
- Sir Gwydeon ap Arden for Lady Myskia natfarri
- Sir Lothar Hügelman for THLady Sumayya al Ghaziyya
- THLord Hrafn inn Traustii for THLady Rannveig Hrajshvelgsneys Alfvinsdottir
- THLord Gareth Whytebull for Lady Dominique Von Weißenthurn
- Baroness Kara Ivarsdottir for THLady Deirdre Scot of Clann Scot
- THLord Tiberious Hostilous Mallous for Lady Ascilia Attebroke
- THLord Halfdan Dansson for Lady Sefa Vefari
- Lord Atrox of Hibernia for THLady Gwen Cooke
- Lord Samuel of Great Oaks for Lady Fina the Huntress
Here begins the report of the Court of Andreas Morgan and Kallista Morgunova, Second of those names, 50th King and Queen of Æthelmearc at Crown Tourney held within the Shire of Sylvan Glen, May 6th AS 58. Po Silvertop, Jewel of Æthelmearc Herald reporting, with the assistance of jorundr hinn rotinn, Silver Buccle Herald, Baron Salvadore De La Torres and Baron Arrias Beltran del Valle.
On the field, during the mid-round break.
Their Majesties sought out Effie Cruikshank and for her Service to her Kingdom and her Household, attending to fighters on the field as well as studying the scribal arts, awarded her Arms. scroll by Lady Lisabetta de Rossi.
Upon the conclusion of the Tournament, heralded by jorundr hinn rotinn, Silver Buccle Herald:
Their Majesties summoned Duke Gareth Kincaid and Duchess Juliana Delamere before Them. Duke Gareth had proved victorious this day, and after swearing his oath as Prince, King Andreas placed the Heir’s Coronet upon his head and declared him Prince of Æthelmearc. After hearing her oath, Prince Gareth placed the Heir’s Coronet on Juliana’s head and declared her Princess of Æthelmearc.
In afternoon Court:
The newly Crowned Heirs were invited to join Their Majesties in court.
Their Majesties welcomed all those who attended in the hopes that they had enjoyed the day.
Their Majesties invited all the newcomers present to come forward. They were given gifts of mugs made by the artisans of the Kingdom.
Their Majesties called forward the youth of the Kingdom present, and then chose Abby as the day’s sacrificial runner of the toychest.
Lord Daniel Rufus and Lady Eleanor of Pembroke came before the Crown to present a gift of pottery goblets from their daughter, Lady Maire of Sylvan Glen.
Their Majesties invited Hersirkona Othindisa Bykona of Delftwood before Them to swear fealty.
Their Majesties invited the Ladies of the Rose and Garnet present to join Them. They spoke of the deeds of honor done on the field this day, and so Lord Ulf, Sir Murdoch, and Magnifico Elena were given tokens to commemorate their actions. Baron Cunedda was summoned forth. His deeds of honor and chivalry surpassed all others this day, and thus the Ladies of the Rose and Garnet, along with Their Majesties bestowed on him the honor of holding the Shield of Chivalry.
Their Majesties requested the presence of Sir Bea and her canine wards Boudicca and Agnes, who were promptly inducted into the Hounds of Æthelmearc. Scroll by Eleanor of Grey, illumination by Lady Saphira Ben Ibrahim, calligraphy by Kieran Macrae, upon a text by some guy in a hat.
Their Majesties called for Baron Fergus of Hanna and for his exceptional, kindness, generosity and courtesy and his importance to the history of the Shire of Sylvan Glen created him a member of the Order of the Cornelian. Scroll by Baroness Katherine Kiersey.
Lord Alexandar of Ayr was invited before the Throne and for his artistry both in weapons of war and tools of peace, (including the mythical period illumination referred to as a “Penis-tree”) inducted him into the Order of the Sycamore. Scroll by Sir Ardan Scott.
Their Majesties requested Lord Christophe Barttelot to attend Them. They complimented him on his industrious productivity and inducted him into Order of the Keystone. Scroll by THL Eleanore Godwin.
Their Majesties demanded the presence of Lord Patrokles Athenaios and spoke at length of his Service, both visible and unseen. For his labors, he was inducted into the Order of the Keystone. Scroll by Posadnir Zvonimir Zavodchikov.
Their Majesties invited Eric and Cristen McPhail before them, and informing the Court that the two gentles had jumped into the kitchen staff with little to no advance notice before they had even learned what the Society is, gifted them with Royal tokens of gratitude for Service.
By the demand of the Crown, Lord Tufa Cogomento Gunthamunths was brought forward, and for his incredible dedication, his Service in kitchen and battlefield, as well as behind the scenes, he was created an Honorable member of the Order of the Millrind. Scroll by Lady Kolfinna Jodisdotter, upon text by Baroness Antionette DeLorraine.
While the Order was still convened, the Crown requested the presence of both Lady Ylaire Sainte Claire and THL Angelino the Bookmaker and speaking at length of the scribal artistry and teaching they had accomplished together, as well as their other Services to the Kingdom, inducted them both into the Order of the Millrind. Scrolls by Sadira and Christofano.
With the permission of Their Majesties, Her Highness Julianna requested words with THL Rhys of Myles End, who had (on multiple occasions) been Captain of the Royal Guard during Her Highness’ previous reigns. For his notable Service and outstanding Prowess, the Crown issued a Writ for his Elevation to the Order of the Chivalry. Writ by Master Kieran.
Their Majesties noted the presence of Karl Tiuvelîn, whom they had sought (unsuccessfully) to speak with at previous events. Now present, the Crown complimented him on his historical accuracy and his prowess and made him a member of the Order of the Golden Alce. Scroll by Sadira and Forveleth Dundee.
Their Majesties then begged the attendance of Posadnitsa Zaritsa Zavodchikovna (who was escorted by Posadnik Zvonimir Zavodchikov) and for her almost innumerable acts of Service in multiple offices for her Barony and Kingdom delivered unto her a Writ for Elevation to the Order of the Pelican. Scroll by Sadira and Christofano.
As Posadnik Zvonimir Zavodchikov was conveniently present, His Majesty took the opportunity to compliment him on his artistry and style, his Service and his knowledge, and yet it was his Prowess that demanded further recognition and so the Crown bestowed upon him a Writ for Elevation to the Order of the Chivalry. Writ by Master Kieran MacRae upon a text by Ekaterina Volkova.
Their Majesties invited all Scribes to come forward and receive gifts of appreciation for their efforts.
Their Majesties requested the presence of the Autocrat, Dame Hrefna Ulfvarinnsdottir, who thanked everyone for coming and thanked her staff for assisting in making the event happen.
Their Majesties invited Lady Arianna to speak on behalf of the feast staff.
Their Majesties thanked all for attending and making the day wonderful, and His Highness spoke of future Viking faerings.
Finally, Dame Hrefna returned briefly to present Their Majesties with Shire taxes.
Here closes the court report of Crown tourney…
Here is the list of couples competing in Our Spring Crown Tournament.
– Magnifico Elena d’Artois for Duke Malcolm MacEoghainn
– Duke Gareth Kincaid for Duchess Juliana Delamere
– Jarl Arnthor Inn Sterki for Jarlskona Ceirech Na Hinsi
– Baron William de Montegilt for Mistress Irene von Schmetterling
– Sir Maghnus de Cnoc an Iora for Brehyres Gwendolyn the Graceful
– Sir Murdoch Bayne for Mistress Rioghnach ni Rose
– Maighster Kieran MacRae for Baroness Ekaterina Volkova
– Posadnik Zvonimir Zavodchikov for Posadnitsa Zaritsa Zavodchikovna
– Lord Gregory Hillson for Dame Kateryna Ty Isaf
– Hersir Marek Viacheldrago for Baroness Sybilla Julianna Detwyller
– Master Jussie Laplein for Baroness Vika Vyborgskaia
– His Lordship Bjarki Rikarðarson for Mistress Gabrielle de Winter
– Sir Thorsol Solinagua and Sir Beatrix Krieger, each for the other
– Master Jacob Martinson for Baroness Wilhelmina Boddenham
– Sir Oliver Sutton for Lady Grainne Shionnach
– Sir Lotharius qui et Segimundus for Lady Birna Hakadottir
– Baron Cunedda Kell for Baroness Alana Horsecroft
– Sir Vladisla Nikulich for Baroness Vlksha Iakovleva
– THLord Gwydeon ap Arden for Lady Myskia nattfari
– THLord Lothar Hugelmann for THLady Sumayya al Ghaziyya
– Baron Rhys of Myles Ende for THLady Astridr Vigaskegg
– THLord Angus the Bull for Lady Agnez von Zwie Bruchen
– THLord Leonardus Hebenstreit for Effie Cruikshank
– Baroness Kara Ivarsdottir for THLady Diedre Scot of the Clann Scot
– THLord Abdullah al-Rashid for Lady Genevieve O’Connor
– Barun Jakob Krahe for Shaykha Jân al-Tha’lab
– THLord Tiberious Hostilous Mallous for Lady Ascilia Attebroke
– THLord Ulfkell Dungallson for THLady Æsa Helgulfsdottir
– Lord Sigfrid Corloys for Edyth Ferriess
– Lord Ulf de Liden for Lady Zafira bint Binyamin ibn Ibrahim